My Favourite Game

August 8, 2008

It’s going to be a pretty awesome next three weeks. If all goes to plan, I will spend these next couple of weeks, sitting on my couch all day, watching the 28 sports on offer, most of which i can honestly sit down and watch without getting bored. Here are a couple of my Olympic favourites

Swimming- Aussies dominating, and Michael Phelps going for like 7 gold medals. Stephanie Rice is pretty good looking too.
Athletics- Not a big fan of the field events but the sprints are always good value, takes me back to my glory days of Little Athletics.
Hockey- Aussies generally get at least get a silver medal, nice easy watching.
Shooting- Not the gay target shooting, but the trap shooting. It makes me want to hit up the Merkel farm and get some moving targets going.
Weightlifting- Seeing some drugged-up Eastern Europeans is also pretty good value. The strain in their faces says it all
Diving- I’ve logged a bit of it with my new job so I’ve come to appreciate the sport a bit more and how it works.
Football- Not up the standard of the Premier League or Champions League, but some talent has hit the shores of Bejing and will be good to see how they go.
Basketball- With the Boomers and the Opals genuine chances for a medal this will be compelling viewing for yours truly. The American Mens team, the dream team, also boast about seven of the worlds top players, there should be some pretty entertaining basketball.
Handball- You rarely get to see this sport. It’s basically soccer but with hands, everyone loves soccer and hands.

That just about wraps it up, there are some other events, mainly wrestling, boxing, judo…but they aren’t so interesting.

With Fox not having the rights to The Games I’m hoping to be a total sloth and just lounge about all day. It’s still winter, perhaps I can go the three weeks without a shower, heck maybe without even leaving the lounge room. Going to the toilet might be a problem, though I’ve been thinking of ways to combat this.

I hope you enjoy the Games as much as me, though I’ll definetley be missing The Dream, with Roy and HG.

:: By huw bizzle 14 Comments

1. Those of us with just free-to-air have been lucky this time. Olympic coverage from mid-morning until … mid-morning (the wee hours), which is basically my waking hours. And two channels to choose from. So even if you do wanna watch Channel 7, you can flick over and watch SBS during the ten minute ad breaks.

Comment by tricky — August 8, 2008 #

2. Hey, i’m in a new band. Anyway, there’s my plug, and also, I don’t really get Roy and HG. There humor just isn’t that humorous.

Comment by josh rayson — August 8, 2008 #

3. Get a tv in the loo, or a commode in the living room. At least you’d get to watch without fear of anyone coming in and interrupting, because of the smell. Also, Josh, Good England, I think ‘Their’ is the word you were looking for.

Comment by mellow — August 8, 2008 #

4. i think youve missed 2 sports!
    table tennis – crazy watching their movements – its like the players think they are playing on normal tennis court so their movements are crazy, they also have HEAPS of concentration! provides for some good entertainment!
    gymnastics – they do some crazy aerodynamic stuff – especially the guys! they have incredible strength too! the girls is awesome too!
    they should have spading in the olympics! lol if it was a sport, you’d win gold! lol

Comment by Jo — August 8, 2008 #

5. Sean, you’re wrong. Their shows ownership, and there’s is the past/present tense right? as in, there was/is my plug. I’m not so sure ‘their’ can be made plural, and in the context of the sentence, it wouldn’t make sense anyway. Regardless, i’m yr 12, and I won the argument. Clearly. …I will not be watching the ceremony tonight.

Comment by Josh aka softy — August 8, 2008 #

6. oh, listen, I did make a mistake. I’ll point it out, because I’m a generous kinda guy. “There humor just isn’t that humorous.” Should have been “Their humor…” because it is Roy and HG’s humor.

Comment by Josh aka softy — August 8, 2008 #

7. Well i am happy, me pd/h/pe teacher told us the best way to study for our exam is to sit with our syllabus sheets and whatch the olympics. yay!

Comment by KimRad — August 9, 2008 #

8. i failed. epicly.

Comment by Josh aka softy — August 9, 2008 #

9. What do you mean Sean? Sean puts his name as ‘H’.

Comment by mellow — August 9, 2008 #

10. Also, yes, you did, but that’s ok, you can probably go back through fizzle comments and find a plethora of mistakes that I have made…

Comment by mellow — August 9, 2008 #

11. i still reckon they should have cycling and hurdles mixed together
    that would be rad fun

Comment by ross — August 10, 2008 #

12. last night volleyball was on, it was heaps rad, I’m disappointed that didn’t get a mention huw. the best thing in the olympics though was when all the countries of olympians were walking into the stadium the line of girls around the track that were ‘dancing’.

Comment by dan — August 10, 2008 #

13. My favourite part of the olympics so far has been the woman’s basketball, merely because Taylor’s face matches her uniform from her rad black eye that’s turned green.

Comment by mellow — August 10, 2008 #

14. yeah, soza Mellow. Also, last evening when they were talking about what’s up next, they mentioned the mens basketball would be on. An hour after the football, it still isn’t…and apprently, after midnight, it still isn’t. Perhaps, they mean their next scheduled event is like, a marathon’s veiwing away…but we lost anyway

Comment by Josh aka softy — August 11, 2008 #